Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

One small victory

Last night we went on a Halloween adventure to the movies to see Paranormal Activity 3. Not my first choice but it was Halloween and my husband had been dying to see it. Lately, anytime I go anywhere one of the first things I think about is what food issues am I going to be up against. When I say issues, I mean temptations and I'm a girl who loves to eat so there are many of these. Naturally, at the movies the biggest temptation is the delicious salty and buttery popcorn. My intentions are always good. I have a clear head focused on my goals and there is no way that a bucket of popcorn is going to creep in and ruin my progress. Then we step through the doors of the theater and my clear head is fogged with that sweet smell. It's much like when I say I'm getting up at 6am to go to the gym and the alarm goes off and suddenly I have 3934 excuses about why I need to stay in bed (read here for more on that...) Anyway, I don't know how they do it but there's not popcorn anywhere that's as good both in taste and smell. We both want something to drink so we step up to the concessions counter and I'm not going to order popcorn but in my head I'm silently wishing that I hear those few words come out of my husbands mouth...."small popcorn, please." They don't, thank God, and we grab our drinks and we're on our way.

I'll say, I'm so so glad that I had not one single kernel of popcorn last night. I sipped on my drink and used my other hand to cover my face for 97% of the movie. No matter what you're striving towards, it's the small steps and the small victories that will get you to your final goal. That's a nugget that I always have to keep reminding myself.

Girl in Motion: 1
Temptation: 0

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment