One of the things that has happened since I've started this blog is that I've got people reaching out to me and sharing their own stories, struggles, triumphs, ideas, etc. This journey that we are all on is one that not many people talk about openly. We hear about each other's journeys through love, loss, travel, friendships, building families and so on but we rarely talk about our struggles and path through health and well-being.
I am working together with a couple of friends in support of each other and our goals. They have recently shared some rules that they try and stick with and I've adopted some of them and added some of my own. Last night, as I completely fell off the wagon (drinks out with friends followed by raiding the fridge once I got home...) I realized that I absolutely HAVE TO have rules to follow to keep myself on track. So, with the help of some others, here are the rules that I will be living by until further notice:
1. No eating after 8pm. Period. No exceptions.
2. No alcohol at home. I have a habit of having a glass of wine while cooking, which turns into a second glass while eating dinner, and so on. This sounds silly but it's to limit my drinking to only when we go out with friends.
3. Pack all lunches except on days with scheduled lunch meetings.
4. Only two meals out per week. All other meals will be prepared and eaten at home.
5. No beer at hockey games. Again, this sounds silly but we have season tickets so we go to a lot of games. The beer is expensive both calorically and financially.
6. No fried foods. This includes tortilla chips.
7. No dessert except for special occasions (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas)
8. Workout a minimum of 5 days per week.
9. Limit carb (bread, pasta, rice, starch, etc.) intake to one meal per day.
10. No eating while cooking. Tasting is okay, snacking is not allowed.
So there you have it. My rules. If you have other ideas or things that have worked for you, leave a comment, I'd love to hear!
Until next time..